The following is a collection of short quotes about life. A lot of these life quotes can be useful in helping us deal with various situations we may be facing in life. See them as condensed life lessons. Many of them have been repeated for decades or even centuries so these kinds of wisdom should at least be considered. There’s just no way anyone can learn everything there is to know about life in one lifetime so by having these kinds of quotes, you can cut the trial and error and skip straight to the knowledge that has taken people lifetimes to learn.
I’ll be adding more to this list as usual as I find them.
1. “Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.” – Unknown
2. “Happiness is free.” – Unknown
3. “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.” – Booker T. Washington
4. “Those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” – Bernard M. Baruch
5. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
6. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
7. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
9. “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
10. “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
11. “Enjoy the little things in life, because one day you will look back, and realize they were the big things.” – Kurt Vonnegut
12. “He who angers you controls you.” – Elizabeth Kenny
13. “Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably.
And never regret anything that makes you smile.” – Mark Twain
14. “The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.” – Mark Twain
15. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” – Marthe Troly-Curtin
17. “Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.” – W.P. Kinsella
18. “Life is short. Enjoy it while you can.” – Unknown
19. “Don’t worry yourself over things you won’t even care about a week from now.” – Tipss.org
20. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
21. “Don’t waste your time looking back at what you’ve lost. Move on, for life is not meant to be traveled backwards.” – Unknown