Being patient is something that many people find hard to do. We live in a society of instant results. We don’t want what we want later, we want them now. As you’ll see in some of these quotes about patience, success often comes from the ability to delay gratification. One example many people can relate to is the topic of weight loss. Far too many people give up their diet/exercise plan simply because they didn’t get the results they were expecting fast enough.
Success in life takes time. I’m not saying that good things comes to all people who wait however. Merely waiting won’t get you anywhere but if you put in the work and give it enough time to produce the results, the results will eventually come. Maybe not as fast as you were expecting, but it will come assuming that you’re doing the right things. It would be silly to plant a tree and expect it to be fully grown the next day. On the same token, it would be silly to give up your efforts on something just because you don’t see the results right away. Hopefully, these patience quotes will help you become a more patient person whether it’s in business or in relationships with other people.
I’ll add more as I find them.
1. “He that can have patience can have what he will.” – Benjamin Franklin
2. “The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” – Leo Tolstoy
3. “Patience gives your spouse permission to be human. It understands that everyone fails. It gives you the ability to hold on during the rough times in your relationship rather than bailing out under the pressure.” – Stephen Kendrick
4. “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” – John Quincy Adams
5. “Don’t try to rush things: for the cup to run over, it must first be filled.” – Antonio Machado
6. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
7. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
8. “I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” – Lao Tzu
9. “Our patience will achieve more than our force.” – Edmund Burke
10. “It is very strange that the years teach us patience – that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.” – Elizabeth Taylor
11. “A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.” – George Savile
12. “Patience and wisdom walk hand in hand, like two one-armed lovers.” – Jarod Kintz
13. “Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow – that is patience.” – Unknown
14. “Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.” – Molière
15. “The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
16. “Patience can’t be acquired overnight. It is just like building up a muscle. Every day you need to work on it.” – Eknath Easwaran
17. “Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success.” – Brian Adams
18. “Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience.” – George-Louis de Buffon
19. “There will be a time when loud-mouthed, incompetent people seem to be getting the best of you. When that happens, you only have to be patient and wait for them to self destruct. It never fails.” – Richard Rybolt
20. “Experience has taught me this, that we undo ourselves by impatience. Misfortunes have their life and their limits, their sickness and their health.” – Michel de Montaigne